Everyone should have a recipe for friendship tucked away in their recipe files. My favorite one is for Bonnie Kakes. Now not everyone will have same ingredients on hand as I do so feel free to substitute at will, the important step is adding the ingredients slowly over time. Over the years making this recipe has become kind of a seasonal event, much like that favorite Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving or those cheerfully decorated cut-out cookies at Christmas time. I hope you give it a try, with your own special additions of course.
- 3 large cups of California
- 2 tablespoons of Hawaii
- Just a pinch of Utah
- (Optional) Missouri to taste
- Large quantities of finely chopped tennis games
- Just a smidgen of micro-waved baby formula (remove before boiling)
- A smattering of graduation ceremonies here and there
- Lots of dinners out and dinners in
Add ingredients carefully, one at a time, and mix until smooth. Bake (the longer the better) with lots of love and enjoy with abundant bottles of wine.