Monday, April 23, 2012

Buddy Can You Spare a Dime?

The next time you have a "Warren Buffet" Moment and don't feel you have paid your fair share in taxes, just know you can take out your check book and make a gift to the United States. Easy as pie. Write and check and say "thank you".

I wonder how many people do this? How funny would it be if the government actually got enough donations to pay off the debt. I wonder what all the politicians would find to argue about then?

Oh, and Warren this includes you, you can write a check for difference in the tax rate you actually pay and that of your secretary. I'll wait to hear if you do it or not.

Gifts to the United States Government

How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.
Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782
Any tax-related questions regarding these contributions should be directed to the Internal Revenue ServiceExit the FMS Web site at (800) 829-1040.

No comments:

Post a Comment