On, Beyond Nuclear will join with many other organizations from around the country to remember those suffering as a result of the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear disaster. Please help to Unplug Nuclear Power (and fossil fuels, too, of course) by using as little grid-supplied electricity as possible on that day. Our action is designed to send the message to the utility companies that we refuse to accept nuclear power any longer.
What a small price to pay to send a message and to remember this terrible disaster. The ramifications from three years ago and still ongoing. Let's not forget and make a move to show that nuclear power is not the only answer to our power needs.
- Be conscious of your own energy usage. Remember conservation is not a dirty word.
- We have choices: wind, solar, tidal & wave power to name just a few.
- Remember spent nuclear waste needs to be safely and permanently stored. Starting now!
- Start living wisely, not as a glutton.
- Be kind - to your fellow man and to our home, the Earth.